Friday 29 April 2011

Exercise on Simple Past Tense



Here is an exercise on Simple Past Tense.

Listen to this song by

Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me (Official Video)






Now, fill in the blanks with the most appropriate Simple Past Tense to complete the lyrics of the song.


Because you loved me – Celine Dion

(stand)                 For all those times you ________________by me                         
(make)                 For all the truth that you ________________me see   
(bring)                  For all the joy you ________________to my life                            
(make)                 For all the wrong that you ________________ right
(make)                 For every dream you ________________come true    
(find)                     For all the love I ________________in you
I’ll be forever thankful baby
(hold)                    You’re the one who ________________me up
(let)                       Never ________________me fall                                                         
(see)                     You’re the one who ________________me through, through it all

(be)                        You ________________ my strength
(be)                        when I ________________weak
(be)                        You ________________ my voice
(can’t)                  when I ________________speak
(be)                        You ________________ my eyes
(can’t)                  when I ________________see                               
(see)                      You ________________the best
(be)                        there ________________ in me                             
(lift)                       ________________me up
(can’t)                  when I ________________reach                          
(give)                    You ________________ me faith
(believe)               `cause you ________________ I’m everything I am
(love)                    Because you ________________me

(give)                    You ________________ me wings
(make)                 and ________________me fly                               
(touch)                 You ________________ my hand
(can)                      I ________________ touch the sky      
(lose)                    I ________________ my faith,
(give)                    you ________________ it back to me
(say)                      You ________________ no star was out of reach
(stand 2x)            You ________________ by me and I ________________ tall
(have 2x)             I ________________ your love, I ________________it all
(give)                    I’m grateful for each day you ________________me
Maybe I don’t know that much but I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you
(chorus)
(be)                       You ________________ always there for me  
(carry)                   The tender wind that ________________me  
                                A light in the dark shining your love into my life
                                You’ve been my inspiration
(be)                       Through the lies you ________________the truth        
                                My world is a better place because of you.



You may check the answer by clicking here.


Love, 
Grammar Goddess.