Now, let's test your understanding on using the comma.
Directions: Read each sentence. Put commas in the correct places in each sentence.
1. Would you like to read watch television or go to bed?
2. Pugs beagles and terriers are all small dog breeds.
3. Jim Fred Kelly and Kara will go bowling on Friday night.
4. Would you rather have pizza hamburgers or hot dogs for dinner?
5. Dolphins live in the Pacific Atlantic and Indian Oceans.
6. We are going to the grocery store to get cookies soup eggs and butter.
7. Don't forget to empty the trash vacuum the carpet and wash the windows.
8. The paper scissors and pencils belong in the top drawer.
9. Would you like me to paint your bedroom walls green blue gray or white?
10. It's time to do your homework do your chores and practice the piano.
11. The sand castle needs a moat windows and a drawbridge.
12. Every cat bunny and dog in the animal shelter needs a good home.
Once you have completed this exercise, you may check your answers here. Remember to be honest with yourself. You should only check the answers when you have really completed the exercise :)